Machine Learning | Data Science Intern
NEWCLEUS seeks a hands-on coder who enjoys implementing algorithms as much as designing and fine-tuning them. The candidate will work on projects that cover the full spectrum of machine learning and statistical programming. We are specifically interested in people with experience in classification and clustering algorithms, natural language processing, predictive analytics and recommender systems.
About the Role:
Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively. This person would also take on the following responsibilities:
- Design scalable predictive models with large number of features
- Hold a stake in the entire machine learning implementation process: model design, feature planning, system infrastructure, production setup and monitoring, and release management
- Use machine learning techniques optimized for distributed computing environments
- Work with a pragmatic balance between mathematical principles and heuristic insights
You're a student or recent grad, excited by the prospect of finding new insights in real data from businesses around the world. You have a sharp, analytical mind, able to grasp nuances without losing sight of the big picture. You're able to formulate good questions, find answers in the data, and present the results -- which means you're comfortable with SQL, a scripting language (such as Python), and have experience creating visualizations.
A working knowledge of basic machine learning algorithms and optimization techniques would be extremely valuable, as you'll have a chance to work on enhancements to our best-of-breed prediction engine.
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including machine learning, object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in programming language of Python or R
- Basic knowledge of regression analysis, predictive models, collaborative filtering, decision trees, clustering problems applied to large data sets
- Knowledge of analytics libraries in python such as numPy, sciPy, scikit-learn, pandas etc. is a big plus
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB) and PostgreSQL
- Some experience with cloud technologies: AWS (EC2, RDS, S3)
Singapore citizen or permanent residents are preferred but not required. You may send in your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org